Aprons are one of my favorite kitchen tools. If you drop by for a cup of tea and a gluten-free snack, chances are you will find me dressed in jeans, a shirt and a cute apron.
I wish I could say that I am not a messy cook. However, when I am cooking meat I get grease splatter on my shirt. Every. Single. Time. I cannot tell you how many shirts I have ruined because I did not have an apron on to protect them. Don’t get me started with tales regarding spilling gluten-free flour or confectioners’ sugar all over me! We would be here for several hours!
The sky is the limit when it comes to apron styles and colors. There are half aprons that tie around your waist and cover your lap. My personal favorite is a full apron, that ties at both the neck and waist. It is so easy to store aprons when you are not wearing them. You can fold them and put them in a drawer. They also make great wall decorations. I have mine hanging on either side of a chalkboard in my kitchen.
5 Reasons to Wear An Apron
I have put together my top 5 reasons to wear an apron. However, they are so cute do you really need a reason?
1. Protection: Aprons are essential and stylish way to protect your clothes from grease splatters and spills when cooking.
2. Storage: Aprons with a pocket are a must! Preferably two pockets but one will do. I tuck my phone, a tissue and a pen in my pocket.
3. Ambiance: Aprons are super cute and fun to wear! They come in so many different styles and colors so they are always in season.
4. Dish Towel: I always have a dish towel near by to dry my wet hands. However, when I am wearing an apron it is just as easy (if not easier) to dry my hands.
5. Empowering: Just like your favorite superhero has their cape, wearing an apron makes me feel like a 5 star chef! I feel like there is nothing I cannot bake! I swear foods taste so much better when I have my apron on.