Are you feeling overwhelmed about not eating gluten? 9 Tips for Eating Gluten-Free will make your life so much easier!
When I started my journey to gluten freedom, I felt defeated just sorting through the extensive amount of information out there. I had frantic thoughts racing through my head. Thoughts that sounded a lot like: “What on earth am I going to eat?” “Are my meals going to be healthy?” “How will I ever cook again?” “Will I ever be able to bake again?” “When am I going to feel good?”
For those of us who were told by a medical professional to remove gluten from our diet, it is a very big deal. It can be downright scary. After all, if you accidentally ingest gluten it is possible to become seriously ill. Been there many times! 🙁 Let me reassure you–it will be okay. Not long after you remove gluten from your diet you will start feeling better and have more energy.
Are you afraid of not eating delicious meals again? Don’t give it a second thought! A whole new world full of healthy and delicious meals is just around the corner! Yes, you will be able to bake (and eat) scrumptious breads, cakes, cookies, pies and desserts!
9 Tips To Eat Gluten-Free
- Eliminate all processed foods from your diet and kitchen. Processed foods can contain a ton of gluten plus they are just not healthy for you.
- Do read ingredient labels. Just because a label says “all natural” does not mean it is free of gluten.
- Have a well-stocked kitchen. Having quality gluten-free ingredients and cooking equipment is essential to this lifestyle.
- Document. Write down everything you eat and how you feel afterwards. I know it seems like a pain but this was huge for me. If it something made me feel bad, I eliminated it from my diet.
- Eat protein. Protein is important. Eat plenty of dairy, nuts, natural meats and seafood.
- Eat sweets in moderation. Don’t gorge on cakes, cookies and pies, regardless of how delicious they are. Remember even if it is gluten-free, cake is still cake and has calories meant for occasional eating–not regular eating.
- Expand your cultural palate. There are many nutritious gluten-free meals in Asian, South American and Indian cuisines.
- Exercise. This is key to a healthy life. Go for a walk with your loved ones (hold hands), the dog, or a friend. Dig out your bicycle and unleash your inner child.
- Listen to your body. Last but not least, this is the best gluten-free tip I can give you. You know your body better than anyone. We only get one body in this life and I feel it is our responsibility to take the very best care of it.
Go easy on yourself. Eating gluten free is a big, big change. You are bound to make mistakes. I know I did and many others have. If I can do this, you can do this!
I hope you have found my 9 Tips for Eating Gluten-Free helpful. Leave me a comment below and let me know what tips you have found helpful in your journey to gluten freedom!
Looking for some great gluten free recipes? You might enjoy these: