Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
With only 5 ingredients, the Best Cream Cheese Frosting is minutes away. Why buy canned frosting when homemade tastes so much better!
I believe frosting can make or break a cake. If it is too sweet, it’s a deal breaker. I always try to keep a brick of cream cheese in the refrigerator so I can make this easy homemade cake frosting at a moment’s notice.
It takes less than five minutes to make this creamy gluten-free frosting. It is perfect for all desserts calling for a cream cheese frosting.
A rich and creamy gluten-free frosting that is perfect on cakes and cookies.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- Add Confectioner’s sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add milk in 1 tablespoon at a time.
- It is so easy to control the consistency of the frosting by the amount of milk used. For a thicker frosting use less milk and for a thin, glaze like use more milk.
- If frosting is too thin, stir in 1/8th cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract is delicious in this rich frosting.
Don’t you just love to lick the beaters after making frosting?
As you can see, my recipe for Best Cream Cheese Frosting is so easy to make. It is especially good on Best Gluten-Free Carrot Cake.
You might like these delicious frosting recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,