With only 5 ingredients, the Best Cream Cheese Frosting is minutes away. Why buy canned frosting when homemade tastes so much better!
I believe frosting can make or break a cake. If it is too sweet, it’s a deal breaker. I always try to keep a brick of cream cheese in the refrigerator so I can make this easy homemade cake frosting at a moment’s notice.
Don’t you just love having the peace of mind you get when you bake from scratch? Yes, you can buy over-the-counter canned frosting that are gluten-free (make sure you read the labels). However, these frostings also contain extra ingredients that are just not healthy for you. Ingredients such as palm oil, canola oil, monoglycerides as well as artificial flavors and colors.
It takes less than five minutes to make this creamy gluten-free frosting. It is perfect for all desserts calling for a cream cheese frosting.Print
A rich and creamy gluten-free frosting that is perfect on cakes and cookies.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- Add Confectioner’s sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add milk in 1 tablespoon at a time.
- It is so easy to control the consistency of the frosting by the amount of milk used. For a thicker frosting use less milk and for a thin, glaze like use more milk.
- If frosting is too thin, stir in 1/8th cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract is delicious in this rich frosting.
Don’t you agree that Best Cream Cheese Frosting is so easy to make? Don’t you just love to lick the beaters after making frosting?
You will love this cream cheese frosting on Best Gluten-Free Carrot Cake.
You might like these delicious frosting recipes: