Made with only 5 ingredients, the Best Cream Cheese Frosting is minutes away from decorating your favorite cake or icing homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls. Why buy canned frosting when homemade tastes so much better!
I believe frosting can either make or break a cake. If it is too sweet, it takes away from the cake. I always try to keep a brick of cream cheese in the refrigerator so I can make this easy homemade cake frosting at a moment’s notice.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting vs Store-Bought Frosting
Did you know it takes longer to put your shoes on and get in your car than it does to make frosting from scratch? With all natural ingredients, not only do you have peace of mind, but you save time and money. The biggest bonus is that family and friends will rave over how rich and creamy your frosting tastes.
Yes, you can buy over-the-counter canned frostings that are gluten-free (make sure you read the labels). Did you know these frostings also contain extra ingredients that are just not healthy for you? Ingredients such as palm oil and monoglycerides as well as artificial flavors and colors. They also have an odd smell (from the palm oil) and taste.
It takes less than five minutes to make this creamy gluten-free frosting. It is perfect on my gluten-free carrot cake. Click here to get the recipe.Print
Best Cream Cheese Frosting
A rich and creamy gluten-free frosting that is perfect on cakes and cookies. It is so yummy you will want to eat it right out of the bowl!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together until creamy.
- Add Confectioner’s sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add milk in 1 tablespoon at a time.
- It is so easy to control the consistency of the frosting by the amount of milk used. For a thicker frosting use less milk and for a thin, glaze like use more milk.
- If frosting is too thin, stir in 1/8th cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract is delicious in this rich frosting.
Keywords: Best Cream Cheese Frosting, gluten-free