Best Gluten-Free Carrot Cake is perfect for celebrating milestones and special occasions. Full of rich flavor, this incredible dessert has a delicious cream cheese frosting nestled between the three moist layers and outside of the cake.
While growing up, our family celebrated holidays with big, multi-course dinners. Now, with my little family I like to keep it simple. I will make an easy meal (chili or homemade meatballs) and then end it with a fabulous dessert! I love how it allows me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family.
I had looked for a special dessert recipe for quite some time, one that would become a family tradition. Years ago, my girlfriend Tammy happily shared this cake recipe that she received from a coworker in Tennessee. I am forever grateful she passed it on to me. It was one of the first cake recipes I converted to gluten free.
Canned pineapple helps make this cake incredibly moist. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this homemade cake recipe. It started out with two layers and then one day I want to make this cake even more spectacular! Adding a third layer did just that! Combined with Best Cream Cheese Frosting, this three-layered carrot cake is like no other I have ever tasted. Family and friends will be begging for your recipe! 🙂Print
Best Gluten-Free Carrot Cake
A super moist three-layered cake, full of rich flavor. You can’t go wrong with this cake!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease the bottom of 3 round cake pans or line with parchment paper.
- Peel and grate two cups of carrots and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, oil and eggs. I
- n a medium size bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum. Add to wet ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Stir in grated carrots and crushed pineapple. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, let sit for three minutes and transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before frosting with Best Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Line cake pans with parchment paper to prevent cakes from sticking.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
Does Gluten-Free Carrot Cake count as a vegetable? I hope you and your family enjoy Best Gluten-Free Carrot Cake as much as I do!
You might also enjoy these delicious gluten-free cake recipes: