Fresh garlic, cilantro, onion and Serrano chilies come together with avocado to make the Best Gluten-Free Guacamole Ever! You can make this delicious recipe all year and serve it as a dip or a side for hamburgers and wraps.
Don’t you just love fresh guacamole? I always chuckle when I see those guacamole packets in the fresh food section of the grocery. Why would anyone buy those when it takes less than 15 minutes to make your own with natural ingredients and no preservatives?
My husband likes his guacamole with some kick so I leave in the chili pepper seeds. Be sure to wear plastic gloves when seeding the chili pepper. This delicious dip and/or condiment is naturally gluten-free and dairy free!
Did you know avocados are a great source of healthy fat with zero cholesterol? What better way for you to get that source than through homemade guacamole! Typically, guacamole is served as a dip with tortilla chips.However, I love to serve it alongside of a grilled hamburger or turkey burger. Burgers never tasted so good!
How do you prepare an avocado for guacamole? This short video from Yummy PH shows you just how easy it is.Print
Best Gluten-Free Guacamole
Made with fresh ingredients, gluten-free guacamole is great as an appetizer with chips or served as a condiment for tacos and burgers.
- 2 large ripe avocados (halved, seeded and peeled (or 4 small))
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced (seed, if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice, optional
- A dash of fresh ground pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mash the avocado and leave some small chunks. Add in garlic, onion and Serrano chili and combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down against the dip.
- Refrigerate two hours or overnight before serving.
- To ripen avocados, place in a brown paper bag or in a bowl in a dark cabinet.
- Wear gloves when seeding the chili pepper.
- Leave the chili pepper seeds in for extra kick!
Keywords: best gluten-free guacamole, gluten-free guacamole recipe
Family and friends will rave about Best Gluten-Free Guacamole. I hope it becomes for your family as it is with mine. I have even made it to give as gifts!
To ripen an avocado, simply place it in a paper bag and leave it for a couple of days.