Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels, gluten-free
- 2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 3/4 cups cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not imitation)
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a double boiler, melt butterscotch morsels over low heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix together cane sugar, melted butterscotch morsels, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add flour to wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Spoon the batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over cake.