Soft and chewy, gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies taste just like Grandma’s! Be sure to make extra of these healthy cookies for the cookie jar.
These gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies would make grandma proud! These simple cookies, made from scratch, are chewy and moist. Nutmeg adds just the right amount of spice to these cookies. I like to use golden raisins in my baking recipes, including this one. They have a sweeter taste.
Your kids will love them packed in their school lunches. (Click here for some great gluten-free school lunch ideas.) Serve these yummy cookies with a tall glass of cold milk for a healthy after school snack!Print
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Soft and chewy, these oatmeal raisin cookies are full of spice and everything nice! You won’t believe they are gluten-free!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: About 3 dozen 1x
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, organic
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and xanthan gum. Stir dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets. Bake until edges are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Carefully remove cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Soak raisins for 30 minutes, rinse and drain. Soaking helps them to plump up!
Let cookie dough rest in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes? Click here to get your copy of Your Gluten-Free Cookie Jar.
Did you enjoy this gluten-free recipe? You might also like: