Looking for a healthy dessert that is naturally gluten-free? You are gonna love making easy baked apples.
Imagine sitting down to delicious baked apples stuffed full with your favorite nuts, raisins and topped with fresh homemade whipped cream. Mmmm..good! This easy dessert recipe will leave your house smelling so wonderful and cozy.
Nothing says fall like apples, especially baked in pies and crisps. Not only are easy baked apples gluten-free, they are also grain-free, which in my book is a big win! The sky is the limit with baked apples: you can easily add in several types of dried fruits such as apricots, dates and figs. This easy recipe calls for natural ingredients and the outcome is a delicious baked apple full of wholesome goodness! Can’t you just see them sitting on a pretty plate on your holiday table?
Apples make some of the healthiest dessert recipes. There are so many kinds of apples to choose from. Some are great for pies, such as Granny Smith. Others are superb for eating and of course, others for baking. Be sure to choose an apple that will keep its shape. Below are my four favorite apples for baking:
Pink Lady: sweet and tart
Braeburn: sweet and spicy.
Gala: sweet and crisp.
Rome Beauty: sweet and tart.Print
Fresh picked apples are filled with nuts and golden raisins and baked to perfection. You will love this simple yet elegant dessert.
- 4 baking apples
- 4 – 8 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 – 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Core apples and pare 1-inch strip of skin from the upper half of each apple to prevent from splitting. Place apples upright in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts and raisins. Spoon mixture into center of each apple. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter on top of mixture inside each apple.
- Add water into baking dish (1/4 inch deep). Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork. Spoon syrup in the dish over apples several times during the baking process.
Soak raisins for 30 minutes, rinse and drain well before combining with nut and spices.
Serve with homemade whipped cream.
Keywords: easy baked apples recipe
An apple tree can live for more than 100 years.
For a wonderful fall dinner, try pairing Easy Baked Apples with a meal made with pork or chicken.
You might also enjoy these gluten-free fall recipes: