Rich in taste and creamy in texture. This candy makes a great holiday gift idea!
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan with aluminum foil and generously grease with butter.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, combine sugar, eggnog, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Insert a candy thermometer into mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft-ball stage, 234 to 243 degrees on candy thermometer (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Remove candy from heat and cool, undisturbed until temperature reaches 190 degrees, about 15 to 18 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until fudge has a smooth and creamy consistency, about 5 minutes. Pour fudge into prepared loaf pan. Cool completely; remove from pan and cut into squares.
Test candy thermometer before starting this recipe.
Wash down crystals from sides of pan using a pasty brush dipped in hot water.
Keywords: eggog fudge