Are you looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe? Gluten-Free Apple Crisp is made with fresh apples, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp is one of my favorite desserts for fall. You can easily adapt this recipe to feed two or feed a crew at a family reunion. I often make two individual servings and bake it in ramekins when it’s just my hubby and me.
It is crazy to think that back in 1896 this recipe did not even exist. Now here we are in 2017 with more fruit crisp recipes than we could ever imagine. I love you that you can create this gluten-free recipe with only a few ingredients.
Crisps are a healthy gluten-free dessert made with fresh or frozen fruit and a delicious crumb topping. It’s hard to say which part I love the most, the fruit filling or the topping. With all natural ingredients, this is one dessert I never feel guilty about eating. It is so quick to make, about 10 minutes to assemble and combine the ingredients. (While I am peeling the apples, I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer to mix the dry ingredients with the butter. Super easy!) Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes or so. It is done when the topping is golden brown and the filling bubbles. You will love how amazing your kitchen smells while it is baking! Tummies will be growling and mouths will be watering! 😉
Imagine fresh apples underneath a buttery, cinnamony gluten-free crumb topping. Yum!!!
- 4 medium size tart apples
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Slice apples and arrange in a greased rectangle shaped glass baking dish
- Mix flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a small bowl. With a pastry cutter, mix butter into dry ingredients until crumbly. Gently spread evenly over the top of apples.
- Bake until topping is brown and apples are tender, about 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Substitute the gluten-free old-fashioned oats with gluten-free quick cooking oats.
Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Your Gluten-Free On-Line Shopping List:
under the spell of the enchanter, frost.” ~ John Greenleaf Whittier
Gluten-Free Apple Crisp is a great dessert recipe for any time of year, especially autumn. Did you ever imagine baking gluten-free would be so easy and taste so yummy?!
Here are a few of my favorite gluten-free dessert recipes for fall: