Incredibly moist. Nothing says homemade more than a fresh loaf of banana bread. Serve this delicious bread hot or cold, with a pat of butter.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 to 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 2/3 cup gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom only of a large loaf pan (9x5x3 inches).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until creamy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add bananas and water. Beat until just blended.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
For maximum flavor use very ripe bananas.
I add the bananas directly to the batter and mix in. If you prefer, you can mash them before adding to the batter.