Are you looking for a delicious Gluten-Free Black Bean Soup recipe? Look no further! You are gonna love how easy it is to make this soup!
Don’t you just love a bowl of homemade soup?! I could eat soup almost every day. I really love it on cold, wet days during the fall and winter months. The other day, we had a wonderful (and I do mean wonderful) rainy day in the desert! It started raining about midday, continuing through the night and all the next day! It had been 116 days since we last had rain and we got over two inches! Hallelujah!!!
When my husband came home for lunch, his coat and shoes were soaking wet! I decided to make a pot of Hearty Black Bean Soup for dinner. I love that it has all natural ingredients and it is gluten-free! When hubby came through the door, he sniffed the air and said, “oh, you made my favorite soup! It smells amazing!” In my mind, I did a fist pump in the air and yelled “yes”!!!! Don’t you just love it when meals are a win?!
With a well-stocked gluten-free pantry, you can make this soup at a moment’s notice. I keep canned black beans, carrots and chicken on hand. I normally use fresh or frozen carrots in this recipe, however; in a pinch I have used canned. There have been times when I have needed a last-minute dinner idea and did not have chicken thawed out. Since we do not have a microwave, using canned chicken is an excellent alternative. When using canned meat or vegetables, be sure to drain them before adding to your soup. Another time saver, is stocking your freezer with cooked chicken.
With it just being two of us of at home, we usually always have leftovers. I think this soup is even better the next day for a yummy gluten-free lunch!Print
A hearty soup made with all natural gluten-free ingredients.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, drained, rinsed and divided
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked chicken (or canned, drained)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- chopped green onions (use the tops only for garnish)
- shredded Colby Jack cheese (for garnish)
- sour cream (for garnish)
- Combine carrots, onion, chicken and garlic with avocado oil in a large stock pot. Cook over medium-high heat; stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft. Stir in spices and cook one minute. Stir in two cans of black beans (drained and rinsed), water and chicken broth; bring to just a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Place remaining black beans (drained and rinsed) into a blender or food processor. Whirl until pureed. Stir mixture into soup. Remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls or mugs and garnish with green onions, cheese and sour cream.
If using canned chicken, add it to the soup along with the pureed black beans. Want a little more heat? Simply increase the amount of cayenne pepper.
I would not hesitate to serve this gluten-free black bean soup to company! Serve it with bread and a yummy dessert, such as apple crisp, for a simple yet delicious gluten-free meal.
Are you looking for more delicious gluten-free dinner ideas? You might enjoy these recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,