Made with all natural ingredients, gluten-free chili is delicious. Let it simmer on the stove or in the slow cooker all day!
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons cocoa, unsweetened or dark chocolate
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground, (the red kind)
- 2 cans (15 ½ ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 large can (29 ounce) tomato sauce
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is brown. Drain the beef mixture and transfer to large stock pot or slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.
Garnish with chives and freshly grated cheddar cheese.
Forgot the cornbread? Gluten-free crackers are also delicious with it!