Are you looking for the ultimate gluten-free dark chocolate cake recipe? Look no further! You will be amazed at how moist and tender this decadent cake is.
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake is one of my favorite homemade cake recipes. I love baking it to celebrate the holidays and special occasions. If you know someone who loves dark chocolate, this cake makes celebrating birthdays all the more special.
I always keep the pantry stocked so I can bake this delicious cake on a whim. Originally, I created it to be a two layered cake. For my husband’s birthday, I decided to get creative and bake the batter in three round cake pans. I nestled rich and creamy, homemade dark chocolate frosting between the layers, and covered the top and outside of the cake. Oh my, I love the look of the third layer! It really made this decadent cake even more spectacular! Gluten-free chocolate cake does not get any better, especially when it is homemade!
Layered cakes are so pretty, especially sitting under a glass covered cake plate. It will look gorgeous sitting on your holiday dessert table. For a stunning contrast, spread creamy white frosting between the layers, over the top and sides.
You will love how versatile this gluten-free dark chocolate cake is. It is just as beautiful and delicious baked as a sheet cake, which is perfect when serving a crowd. Oh, don’t forget cupcakes too! Oh so delicious, dark chocolate cake is the ultimate gluten-free cake recipe. Serve it with tall glasses of cold milk for a delicious dessert or afternoon snack!Print
Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake is perfect to celebrate the holidays and special occasions. If you know someone who loves dark chocolate, this cake makes celebrating birthdays all the more special.
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free almond flour blend
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, whole
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two or three 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum in a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water. (Batter will be thin.)
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost with Dark Chocolate Frosting. You will love this rich and creamy frosting!
- Line cake pans with parchment paper. Gently peel off after removing cake from pans.
- Bake in a oblong glass baking dish instead of round pans.
I hope you and your family fall in love with Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake. Leave me a message below and let me know how you like it!
All you need is love…and chocolate! ~ Unknown
You might also enjoy these homemade cake recipes: