Paired with dark chocolate and peppermint, this yummy homemade candy can be made in minutes.
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips
- 24 hard peppermint candies, crushed
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place peppermint candies in a blender or in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Crush candies using a rolling pin.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate stirring constantly. While holding a strainer over the melted morsels, pour crushed candy to strainer. Shake to release the candy pieces over the chocolate. Set larger candy pieces aside.
- Stir peppermint candies into melted chocolate. Spread mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle top of chocolate with remaining candy pieces. Using a spoon, gently press candy into chocolate.
- Let stand one hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Use a blender to crush the candies. Be sure to blend for a few seconds and then check the candies. You want some larger pieces to add to the top.