Short on time? Gluten-Free Fish Tacos are so quick and easy to make! If you are a fish lover, these delicious tacos may become your favorite meal!
I love fish! So much so I could easily eat it five times a week. I also love Mexican food but the two together? Um… I could not imagine. I had a friend talk to me about trying fish tacos for two years. Fish in a tortilla? Bleh!
Oh my gosh, was I ever so wrong!!! Fish tacos are the best thing ever! I could not believe I had not tried them before. I was kicking myself because I had been missing out! When I became gluten-free, they were one of the first main dish recipes I converted. Guess what? They are even better than their gluten-laden cousin.
Living in the desert during the summer months is brutal! I am always looking for quick and easy meal ideas that don’t heat up the kitchen. (After all, you can only eat so many salads and cold sandwiches, right?) Not only do fish tacos fit the bill, you can grill them or cook them in a yummy gluten-free batter.
It is so easy to grill fish!!! Simply sprinkle to a bit of seasoning on the fillets and pop those babies on a preheated grill. Plus, you can warm the corn tortillas on the grill as well. Don’t forget to use a little cooking spray so they don’t stick! One of my favorite things about grilling is cleanup is quick and easy!
I like to use homemade ranch salad dressing on top of the tacos instead of salsa. This delicious gluten-free dressing literally takes less than five minutes to make and takes these fish tacos to a whole new level of yumminess!!!Print
Fabulous Gluten-Free Fish Tacos
Flaky fish, in a crispy crumb coating, is nestled in a corn tortilla. A delicious gluten-free meal for two or a crowd!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/3 cup gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons milk, whole or buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 corn gluten-free tortillas, warmed
- 2 –3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup homemade gluten-free ranch dressing
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine coleslaw mix and ranch dressing in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine gluten-free almond blend flour and lemon-pepper in a medium-size bowl. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together until thoroughly combined.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture and then roll in the flour. For extra battered fish, repeat the process.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil in a large skillet coated, and cook fish over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Add extra oil to skillet as needed.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add the tortillas. Once the tortilla begins to puff up, flip over and heat.
- Spoon fish on tortillas, top with coleslaw, avocado and cilantro. Serve tacos with lime wedges.
Substitute cod with halibut, Mahi Mahi, orange roughy or shrimp.
Try grilled fish instead of batter dipped.
Substitute sliced tomatoes for the avocado slices.
Keywords: gluten-free fish tacos
I hope you enjoy this fabulous gluten-free fish taco recipe as much as I do. Leave me a message and let me know how you like them.