Short on time? Gluten-Free Fish Tacos are quick and to make! If you are a fish lover, these delicious tacos may just become your favorite meal!
I love fish! So much so I could easily eat it five times a week. I also love Mexican food but the two together? Um… One of my best girlfriends talked to me about fish tacos for two years before I finally tried them. Fish in a tortilla? Bleh! Oh my gosh! They are the best thing ever! I could not believe I had not tried them before. I was so missing out! When I became gluten-free, they were one of the first things I converted. Guess what? They are even better than their gluten-laden cousin.
Living in the desert during the summer is brutal! I am always looking for quick and easy meal ideas that don’t heat up the kitchen. (After all, you can only eat so many salads and cold sandwiches, right?) Fish tacos fit the bill. Instead of dipping the fish in batter, simply season them and pop them on the grill. You can warm the tortillas directly on the grill as well. Make sure you use a little cooking spray so they don’t stick! One of my favorite things about grilling? Cleanup is quick and easy!
This recipe calls for homemade ranch salad dressing. This delicious gluten-free dressing literally takes less than five minutes to make! It really takes these fish tacos to a whole new level of yumminess!!!Print
Flaky fish, in a crispy crumb coating, is nestled in a corn tortilla. A delicious gluten-free meal for two or a crowd!
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/3 cup gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons milk, whole or buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 corn gluten-free tortillas, warmed
- 2 -3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup homemade gluten-free ranch dressing
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine coleslaw mix and ranch dressing in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine gluten-free almond blend flour and lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Dip fish in egg mixture and roll in flour. For extra battered fish, repeat the process.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil in a large skillet coated, and cook fish over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Add extra oil to skillet as needed.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add the tortillas. Once the tortilla begins to puff up, flip over and heat.
- Spoon fish on tortillas, top with coleslaw, avocado and cilantro. Serve tacos with lime wedges.
Substitute cod with halibut, Mahi Mahi, orange roughy or shrimp.
Try grilled fish instead of batter dipped.
Substitute sliced tomatoes for the avocado slices.
I hope you enjoy gluten-free fish tacos as much as I do. Leave me a message and let me know how you like them.
May I suggest a delicious gluten-free cookie for dessert? Light and airy, Best Meringue Cookies would be a perfect finale to a delicious meal.
How about something chocolate? Mom’s Gluten-Free No Bake Cookies are amazing!
If you are not sure a gluten-free lifestyle is for you, check out these six benefits!