Moist and full of flavor, these gluten-free pumpkin bars are a great way to celebrate fall! You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bars:
- 2 cups of cane sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Directions for Pumpkin Bars:
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and eggs.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Add butter and dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Spread the batter into glass baking dish. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting recipe below.
Instructions for Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the above ingredients. Beat three minutes or until creamy.
- If the frosting is too thick, add in 1/4 teaspoon milk until desired consistency is reached.
Add 1 cup of walnuts or pecans to the recipe.
Add 1 cup of raisins to the recipe.
The batter will be thick. Be sure to spread it evenly in the baking dish.
Keywords: gluten-free frosted pumpkin bars