Gluten-Free Jam Thumbprint Cookies are a holiday tradition for our family. They are so pretty filled with different jams.
I give away plates of homemade gluten-free treats for Christmas and this cookie is always included. For a festive look, drizzle melted white chocolate over the cooled cookie.
I made these kid friendly cookies with my granddaughter when she was just 18 months old. She would sit on the kitchen counter and as I rolled the dough into balls she would stick her little thumb in the center. Now that she is almost 9, she measures the ingredients out, rolls the balls, AND puts the jam in indentation. This easy cookie recipe has become a yearly tradition that her and I share.Print
Soft and chewy vanilla cookies are filled with your favorite jam!
- ½ cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup favorite jam
- 1 cup vanilla baking chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, cream and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together gluten-free flour, baking powder, sea salt and xanthan gum. Gradually add to cream mixture and mix well. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into balls and place two inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using your thumb, gently create an indentation in the center of each cookie. Spoon about ¼ teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, stir vanilla baking chips until melted.
- Spoon melted chips into a small resealable food-storage bag or a piping bag, and cut a small hole in corner of bag. Gently squeeze bag to drizzle melted chips over cookies.
Try different flavors of jams: apricot, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc.
Use a disposable pastry bag to pipe jam on cookies.
Keywords: gluten-free jam thumbprint cookies
You might also enjoy these delicious gluten-free cookie recipes: