Soft and chewy vanilla cookies are filled with your favorite jam!
- ½ cup butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup favorite jam
- 1 cup vanilla baking chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, cream and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together gluten-free flour, baking powder, sea salt and xanthan gum. Gradually add to cream mixture and mix well. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into balls and place two inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using your thumb, gently create an indentation in the center of each cookie. Spoon about ¼ teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, stir vanilla baking chips until melted.
- Spoon melted chips into a small resealable food-storage bag or a piping bag, and cut a small hole in corner of bag. Gently squeeze bag to drizzle melted chips over cookies.
Try different flavors of jams: apricot, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc.
Use a disposable pastry bag to pipe jam on cookies.
Keywords: gluten-free jam thumbprint cookies