I just love the tart lemons and sweet blueberries in this delicious Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Cake. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Don’t you think that fresh lemons and blueberries make the perfect pair for summer desserts? When I first created this Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry cake it started out as a lemon cake. It was very good but something was missing. I kept thinking blueberries might be the perfect companion to this already delicious homemade cake. When I added the berries to the cake batter, I knew I had a winner! The lemons and blueberries lend a tart sweetness to this cake. I added a tart lemon glaze to the top. My, oh my! What a wonderful summertime dessert!
If I am feeding a crowd, I bake this easy dessert recipe in a 9″ x 13″ rectangle glass baking dish. However, it is beautiful made as a Bundt cake! Check out these Bundt Pans on Amazon. Note: be sure you grease your baking pan really well. I like to use olive oil spray. It helps me to get an even coverage in the pan so my cake does not stick!Print
Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Cake
Made with fresh lemons and blueberries, you will love how tart and sweet this gluten-free cake is. It would be delightful to serve at an afternoon tea or bridal shower.
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13×9″ oblong pan or Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and lemon peel.
- Add butter. Pour in a little over half of the milk and beat on low speed 2 minutes. Add remaining milk and eggs. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour in to prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Let cool completely and if you are using a Bundt pan, transfer to a cake plate.
Instructions for Lemon Glaze:
- In a medium size bowl, bend together confectioners’ sugar with lemon juice, one tablespoon at a time. Stir until glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Substitute frozen blueberries for fresh.
The combined flavors of lemon and blueberry are so refreshing in this delicious cake. Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Cake is one of my favorite homemade cake recipes and I hope it will be one of yours too!
Be sure to check out my other delicious gluten-free cake recipes.