Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
I just love the tart lemons and sweet blueberries in this delicious Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Cake. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Don’t you think that fresh lemons and blueberries make the perfect pair for summer desserts? When I first created this Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry cake it started out as a lemon cake. It was very good but something was missing. I kept thinking blueberries might be the perfect companion to this already delicious homemade cake. When I added the berries to the cake batter, I knew I had a winner! The lemons and blueberries lend a tart sweetness to this cake. I added a tart lemon glaze to the top. My, oh my! What a wonderful summertime dessert!
If I am feeding a crowd, I bake this easy dessert recipe in a 9″ x 13″ rectangle glass baking dish. However, it is beautiful made as a Bundt cake! Check out these Bundt Pans on Amazon. Note: be sure you grease your baking pan really well. I like to use olive oil spray. It helps me to get an even coverage in the pan so my cake does not stick!Print
Made with fresh lemons and blueberries, you will love how tart and sweet this gluten-free cake is. It would be delightful to serve at an afternoon tea or bridal shower.
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13×9″ oblong pan or Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and lemon peel.
- Add butter. Pour in a little over half of the milk and beat on low speed 2 minutes. Add remaining milk and eggs. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour in to prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Let cool completely and if you are using a Bundt pan, transfer to a cake plate.
Instructions for Lemon Glaze:
- In a medium size bowl, bend together confectioners’ sugar with lemon juice, one tablespoon at a time. Stir until glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Substitute frozen blueberries for fresh.
The combined flavors of lemon and blueberry are so refreshing in this delicious cake. Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Cake is one of my favorite homemade cake recipes and I hope it will be one of yours too!
Be sure to check out my other delicious gluten-free cake recipes.
From my kitchen to yours,