I love filling the cookie jar with gluten-free oatmeal cookies. Soft and chewy, they will remind you of the ones Grandma used to make!
Gluten-free oatmeal cookies are another one of my favorite treats! Hearty and healthy, this cookie is crisp on the outside while soft and chewy on the inside. Are you worried oatmeal cookies might be too plain to serve as dessert? Don’t fret. Homemade vanilla extract adds a rich flavor to this yummy cookie. You will love how your kitchen smells while baking these cookies.
Made from scratch, with all natural gluten-free ingredients, oatmeal cookies are great to pack in lunches, take on picnics or as an afternoon snack. They are so delicious with a hot cup of tea, coffee or a cold glass of milk. Yum!
Are you looking for a great homemade gift idea? Whip up a batch of these delicious cookies for the perfect gluten-free gift. There are so many fun ways to package them. Stack the cookies on top of each other and tie a pretty ribbon or kitchen twine around them or fill a vintage canning jar full. Line pretty boxes, cookie tins or brown paper bag with tissue paper to put them in. For an extra special surprise, add a copy of my gluten-free cookie cookbook!Print
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
A remake of an old-fashioned chewy oatmeal cookie.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 Serving 1x
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet(s) with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mix together butter, sugar and egg until creamy. Add in vanilla extract.
- Sift together gluten-free almond blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg and Xanthan gum. Mix together with butter, sugar, egg and vanilla mixture. Stir in oats.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes before moving cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Chopped nuts are delightful in these cookies.
- Dress these cookies up by squiggling creamy vanilla frosting across the top. Let the frosting dry before stacking.
“What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever.” ~ Mary Jo Putney
Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know how you liked these delicious gluten-free oatmeal cookies!
You might also enjoy these cookie recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,