Creamy peanut butter covered in dark chocolate! This gluten-free candy recipe is divine!
Ingredients for Candy Centers:
- 2 cups peanut butter, smooth
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
Ingredients for Chocolate Coating:
- 4 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil or shortening
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Using a heavy mixer, mix together melted butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
For Chocolate Coating:
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Using a candy dipping spoon, dip balls into chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
Use a stand or heavy-duty hand mixer for the candy centers.
If you are not a fan of dark chocolate, use milk or semi-sweet chips.
Keywords: gluten-free peanut butter balls