Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
I love making homemade gluten free pizza! Imagine fresh-baked pizza dough smothered with a herb tomato sauce and fresh toppings. Yum! You will never want store-bought pizza again.
I try to eat healthy most of the time. However, sometimes I just get a hankering for a slice of pizza. As a matter of fact, my mouth is watering as I write this. 🙂
When I started my gluten free journey, I went a whole year without eating pizza. It was really tough especially when family and friends would eat pizza around me. Talk about having willpower!
I celebrated one year of being gluten free with homemade gluten free pizza for dinner. The crust was quite odd in shape but it did resemble a pizza. Well, more or less. However, the aroma of the tomato sauce and Italian spices was amazing. The crust…well, let’s just say it was pretty bad! Bad enough that I swore off pizza for the rest of my life!!!
A couple of years ago, a friend recommended Pamela’s Gluten Free Bread Mix. On the back of the bag was a recipe for pizza crust. I was making a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread about once a week or so. It was so delicious. I kept thinking about the pizza crust recipe. I finally decided to try it. I am soooo glad I did! The crust is so delicious! It comes out perfect every single time! Warning, it will take a lot of willpower to eat just a slice or two. 🙂
As I mentioned before, I am not a good pizza crust maker. I cannot get the shape to come out round to save my life. It usually resembles something of a blob. Pamela has an amazing video on how to make pizza crust. (I do make sure my hands are well oiled to pat out the dough. It seems to be the trick for me.) Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make gluten free pizza dough.
It truly is as easy as Pamela make it look! Since it is just my husband and I at home, I make one crust to bake for that day and then freeze the other one to use later!
You can buy a pizza sauce from the grocery or make your own. My homemade pizza sauce recipe is easy peasy to make. I make it while the dough is rising.
Delicious homemade pizza you won’t believe is gluten-free.
Ingredients for Pizza Crust:
- One 19-ounce bag or 3 1/2 cups of Pamela’s Bread Mix
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- Homemade tomato sauce (recipe below)
- Toppings of your choice: sausage, pepperoni, black olives, bell peppers, artichokes, cheese, etc
Ingredients for Pizza Sauce:
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can (8 ounce) tomato paste
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon cane sugar
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Instructions for Pizza Dough:
- Make pizza crust according to instructions of back of Pamela’s bread package.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on round baking sheet or pizza stone lined with parchment paper.
- While pizza crust is baking, make homemade tomato sauce (directions below) and spread over baked pizza crust. Add desired toppings.
- Bake until toppings are hot, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Instructions for Pizza Sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes. Spread sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- To freeze pizza crust, partially bake crust for 20 minutes, cool and wrap, then freeze.
- To cook frozen pizza, remove from freezer, add sauce and toppings. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake pizza for 15 minutes.
“Everybody likes pizza! It’s a quick and easy clean-up meal.” ~ Buddy Valastro
I hope you enjoy best homemade gluten-free pizza! It is so yummy!
From my kitchen to yours,