Are you a pumpkin fan? Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cherry Bread is hands down one of the best quick bread recipes I’ve ever tried. It’s moist, delicious and full of flavor. If you like bread and pumpkin, chances are you will love this scrumptious bread.
Gluten-free pumpkin bread is to die for!!! I am so not kidding! I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack! Maraschino cherries give this bread a surprise treat. I love how moist and flavorful it is.
Gloria was the best friend of my aunt Cleo. Friends since first grade, retirement found them as next door neighbors. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Gloria while visiting. I will never forget her sweetness and beautiful smile. She was an amazing cook and a great friend. Gloria passed away several years ago in her mid-80s.
One day while I chatting on the telephone with Aunt Cleo, I mentioned that I was looking for a new quick bread recipe. She asked if I liked pumpkin and said she would send me the best pumpkin bread recipe she had ever tasted. It was from Gloria.
Every fall, I make several batches of this gluten-free pumpkin bread. I freeze this easy quick bread for later and I give them as gifts throughout the year. If I bake it in cans, I wrap it in plastic wrap, then cellophane wrap and finish with a pretty ribbon tied on each end. This gluten-free bread also presents well as slices on a Christmas plate with a pretty bow on top.Print
Maraschino cherries star in this delicious gluten-free pumpkin bread. You won’t believe how incredibly moist this easy quick bread is.
- 3 cups of cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups maraschino cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and eggs, adding eggs in one at a time. Add in pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add by cupful to wet mixture. Mix all ingredients until smooth, do not over beat. Stir in cherries. Pour into 2 well-greased large bread pans, or 6 small bread pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Turn upside down on a wire rack to finish cooling.
For a fun look, bake in 3 metal coffee cans or 32 ounce size cans. Grease the cans really well, using either cooking spray or Crisco. Cooking spray gives the best coverage. Use 2 cups of mix per can.
Keywords: gluten-free pumpkin bread, quick bread
Quick breads are so easy to make. Here a few of my favorite gluten-free bread recipes: