Calling all pumpkin fans! You are gonna love this gluten-free pumpkin chiffon pie. Imagine a creamy filling nestled in a rich buttery crust. Yum!
The first time I had pumpkin chiffon pie was about 20 years or so ago on Christmas. My godmother Audry made this delicious pie in a graham cracker crust for dessert. After eating a heavy meal, this light and fluffy dessert was so refreshing. I loved the creamy pumpkin flavor! Every time I have gluten-free pumpkin chiffon pie I think back to that fun Christmas day. It seems the older I get the more I appreciate sweet memories like this one.
At the time neither Audry or I were gluten-free. I enjoyed converting her original recipe. This easy no-bake pie is delicious in a gluten-free graham cracker crust. If you are out of graham crackers, you can easily use gluten-free ginger cookies instead. The recipe called for meringue which I kept. (You all know how much I love meringue). However, it can also be made with whipped cream. The meringue gives it a light and fluffy texture, while the whipped cream gives it a richer taste. Since I add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of the pie when serving, it’s a win using both ingredients. Click here for tips on making meringue.
Don’t you just love how pies are always in season? For more delicious gluten-free pie recipes click here to get Your Gluten-Free Pie Tin cookbook.
You won’t believe how easy this gluten-free dessert is to make! Since it calls for a no bake cookie crust, you can have this yummy pie whipped up in 30 minutes or less. It is the perfect ending to a fall or holiday meal.Print
Light and fluffy pumpkin filling is nestled in a rich butter gluten-free cookie crust. This easy no-bake recipe only takes a few minutes to make!
Ingredients for one 9-inch Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham crackers or gluten free gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Pie Filling:
Directions for cookie crust:
- Place cookies in a gallon size Ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin (or large glass) to crush the cookies.
- Mix melted butter and crushed cookies into a 9-inch pie plate. Pat and press into pan.
Directions for pie filling:
- Blend together gelatin and cold water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, pumpkin, egg yolks and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatin. Cool. When partially set, beat until mixture is smooth.
- Make meringue. Gently fold mixture into meringue. Gently spoon filling into cookie crust. Garnish with homemade whipping cream.
If using a ginger cookie crust, reduce the amount of ginger in the pie filling from 1/2 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon.
Keywords: gluten-free pumpkin chiffon pie
“A boy doesn’t have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he
doesn’t like pie when he sees there isn’t enough to go around.” ~E.W. Howe
You might also enjoy these gluten-free pumpkin recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,