Light and fluffy pumpkin filling is nestled in a rich butter gluten-free cookie crust. This easy no-bake recipe only takes a few minutes to make!
Ingredients for one 9-inch Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham crackers or gluten free gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Pie Filling:
Directions for cookie crust:
- Place cookies in a gallon size Ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin (or large glass) to crush the cookies.
- Mix melted butter and crushed cookies into a 9-inch pie plate. Pat and press into pan.
Directions for pie filling:
- Blend together gelatin and cold water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, pumpkin, egg yolks and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatin. Cool. When partially set, beat until mixture is smooth.
- Make meringue. Gently fold mixture into meringue. Gently spoon filling into cookie crust. Garnish with homemade whipping cream.
If using a ginger cookie crust, reduce the amount of ginger in the pie filling from 1/2 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon.
Keywords: gluten-free pumpkin chiffon pie