Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
Are you looking for a delicious and easy idea for dinner? Gluten-free Salisbury steak is one of my family’s favorite suppers!
Smothered in mushrooms, onions and delicious gravy, you can’t go wrong with this simple main course. You can make this gluten-free main course in 30 minutes! I like to serve this home cooked meal with mashed potatoes and apple spice stuffed acorn squash.
My husband prefers ground red meat while I like ground turkey. The last time I made Salisbury steak; I was lazy and cooked both the ground turkey and beef patties in the same skillet.They both came out wonderful and full of flavor!
Since it is only the two of us at home, I like to freeze extra uncooked steak patties to use later. Mix the ingredients together and then shape into patties and wrap them individually. It is a great time saver!
I confess that I don’t always keep canned beef broth stocked in the pantry. However, I do keep Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base on hand. When mixed with water, one teaspoon equals one 8 ounce can of beef broth. I love the homemade flavor it lends to recipes and it does not contain MSG! Woo hoo!Print
Smothered in mushrooms, onions and a delicious gravy, gluten-free salisbury steak is super yummy!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats, quick cooking
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can condensed gluten-free beef broth or 8 ounces of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix ground beef or turkey, oats, salt, pepper and egg.
- Shape into four oval patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a 10 inch skillet, cook patties over medium heat. Turn occasionally, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drain grease from skillet.
- Add in onion, broth and mushrooms. Heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until patties are done, about 10 minutes. Remove patties and keep warm.
- Heat onion and mushroom mixture to boiling. Mix water and cornstarch, stirring into onion mixture.
- Boil and stir for one minute or until thick. Serve gravy over patties.
Use a small can (4 ounces) of mushroom stems and pieces, drained, for fresh mushrooms.
Gluten-free bread crumbs can be used in place of quick cooking oats.
I hope you enjoy this gluten-free Salisbury steak recipe!
You might also enjoy these gluten-free recipes for lunch or dinner:
From my kitchen to yours,