Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
Looking for a great Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Cake recipe? You will love this dense, moist cake! We always celebrate the first day of Fall with a slice of this delicious homemade dessert!
Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Cake is one of my all-time favorite cakes for autumn. It is bursting with fresh, crisp apples, spices and walnuts. This versatile homemade cake is also a great menu item for a Sunday brunch or take to a fall potluck. It also is great for an afternoon gluten-free snack!
The first time I had this delicious cake was years ago, when our neighbor from Alaska made it. Her husband helped us chop down a tree and she shared this cake for a quick snack afterwards. She had been making this cake for decades. It was an instant hit and we are very thankful she shared the recipe with us. Her recipe has since become a family favorite and I am so glad I converted it to a gluten free cake. I look forward to making it every fall and winter.
We recently had friends over for dinner. The menu included: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and stuffed acorn squash. Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Cake was the perfect dessert to a delicious fall meal.
Celebrate autumn with this delicious Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Cake. The smell of fresh baked apples, combined with cinnamon and nutmeg, will leave your kitchen smelling amazing!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free almond blend flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 4 cups apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inches rectangular pan or Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil and eggs for one minute or until blended.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt and nutmeg. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped apples and nuts. Pour into baking pan. Bake 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Grease the Bundt pan really well. I like to use an olive oil spray.
- Allow to the cake cool completely before transferring the cake onto a plate.
Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit. – Farm Flavor
You know how some cakes just do not need frosting? Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Cake is one of them! I have considered serving it with a dollop of whipped cream but it is so delicious plain.
You might also enjoy these cake recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,