Made with just 4 ingredients, gluten-free vanilla frosting is so easy to make. It is so good, you will never again want to buy frosting from the store.
This simple gluten-free frosting is a breeze to make. Real butter, whole milk and homemade vanilla extract are responsible for the rich flavors. It takes only a few minutes to make this homemade frosting in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer and it turns out creamy every time!
Be sure to keep vanilla and powdered sugar stocked in your gluten-free pantry so you can make this frosting at a moment’s notice! I don’t know about you, but I feel homemade frosting makes cakes and cookies taste phenomenal!Print
Gluten-Free Vanilla Frosting
Gluten-Free Vanilla Frosting is so rich and creamy, you will be wanting to put it on all of your baked goods!
- 3 cups confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract (not imitation) or homemade
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons of whole milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter on low-speed.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of milk at a time, beating until smooth and desired spreading consistency is reached.
- For even creamier frosting, use heavy whipping cream or half-and-half instead of whole milk.
- When I have added the smallest amount of milk required, I will add the remaining milk 1 teaspoon at a time. It helps me to achieve the perfect desired consistency.
- For the best vanilla flavor use real vanilla not imitation.
Don’t you just love how easy it is to make homemade frosting? Creamy Gluten-Free Vanilla Frosting is begging to be used between cake layers, covering the outside of cakes, swirled on top of cupcakes and even on cookies! Enjoy!!!
You might also enjoy these frosting recipes: