Don’t you just love vanilla wafers? I could hardly wait to share with you my recipe for gluten free vanilla wafers! Soft, chewy and rich in vanilla flavor, they are scrumptious all year-long!
When I went gluten-free, I thought I would never have vanilla wafers again! You know what? I love my homemade from scratch recipe even better than store-bought cookies! Made with gluten-free almond blend flour and homemade vanilla, these gems melt in your mouth. I just cannot get enough of them. I recently paired them with homemade banana pudding and oh my, what a delightful dessert!
I prefer a chewy cookie over a crisp one. However, I like to bake one batch of these cookies (decrease the dough to 1/2 teaspoon) for 15 minutes. The result is a small, crisp cookie that is perfect for pudding desserts and cookie crumb pie crusts.
One of the ways I love to create memories is by filling the cookie jar with delicious homemade gluten-free cookies. Plus they make a great afternoon snack with a cold glass of milk or a cup of hot tea.Print
Delicious Gluten Free Vanilla Wafers
Filled with rich vanilla flavor, these gluten-free vanilla wafers are delicious!
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen 1x
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla mix thoroughly. Beat in flour mixture, one cup at a time.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet about 5 minutes. Move cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- For a chewy cookie bake 12 minutes.
- For a crisp cookie, perfect for banana pudding, reduce cookie dough to 1/2 teaspoon and bake 15 minutes.
There are more than 150 varieties of vanilla, though only two types, Bourbon and Tahitian, are used commercially. ~ via vanillaqueen.com
I hope you enjoy gluten free vanilla wafers as much as I do! Leave me a message below and let me know how you like them!
Would you like more gluten-free cookie recipes? Be sure to checkout Your Gluten-Free Cookie Jar Cookbook with 40 delicious recipes!