Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread is a great way to use up extra zucchini from the garden. This delicious quick bread freezes well so you can make several loaves at a time!
Gluten-free zucchini bread is moist and delicious. This hearty quick bread recipe produces two large or three small loaves, so you can have a loaf now and freeze some for later. It freezes beautifully so you can enjoy this delicious homemade bread throughout the winter.
There are a lot of zucchini recipes out there calling for this vegetable to be grilled, sautéed or used in casseroles, but gluten-free zucchini bread is my absolute favorite way to eat this green vegetable. The zucchini helps to make the bread moist. The cinnamon and cloves add a spicy warmth to the recipe. You can see specks of the shredded green zucchini in the bread, but the bread itself does not take on a zucchini flavor.
Making several batches of smaller loaves and freezing them for Christmas gifts has been popular with friends and neighbors. Try it!
A Big Oops!
I always sift my dry ingredients together after I experienced a small baking mishap. After measuring out my dry ingredients, I always used a fork to combine the dry ingredients.
My girlfriend was sampling a piece of fresh-baked bread, burned her tongue on a clump of cloves. Cloves, like cinnamon, are a hot spice. The flavor was overpowering not to mention her tongue felt like it was on fire. I felt terrible! Ever since, I sift my dry ingredients for peace of mind.Print
This delicious gluten-free quick bread is a great way to use up those fresh zucchini from the garden. Made with cinnamon and cloves, you will love this scrumptious bread!
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 medium size)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease bottoms only of 2 large loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3 inches) or 3 small loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches).
- Mix sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs, one at a time. Mix in zucchini and water.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder and xanthan gum. Mix the sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add in vanilla and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pans for about 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Add 2/3 cup of your favorite chopped nuts, such as walnuts.
Substitute nutmeg for the cloves.
Stir in 2/3 cup of raisins to batter before pouring into pans.
For chocolate chip zucchini bread, stir in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips.
“Baking is love made visible.” ~ Clabber Girl
Gluten-free zucchini bread is wonderful anytime. Whether you eat it fresh out of the oven slathered with butter or as a breakfast side dish to scrambled eggs and bacon. It is even more tasty the next day and goes marvelously with a cup of hot tea or coffee for an easy afternoon snack.
You might also enjoy these gluten-free quick bread recipes: