This delicious gluten-free quick bread is a great way to use up those fresh zucchini from the garden. Made with cinnamon and cloves, you will love this scrumptious bread!
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 medium size)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease bottoms only of 2 large loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3 inches) or 3 small loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches).
- Mix sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs, one at a time. Mix in zucchini and water.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder and xanthan gum. Mix the sifted dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add in vanilla and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pans for about 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Add 2/3 cup of your favorite chopped nuts, such as walnuts.
Substitute nutmeg for the cloves.
Stir in 2/3 cup of raisins to batter before pouring into pans.
For chocolate chip zucchini bread, stir in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips.