A hearty gluten-free chicken soup that can be made in 30 minutes!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1/2 teaspoon fresh
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook 2 minutes. Slowly pour chicken broth and water into pan and heat to boiling. Add carrots and celery. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are done (about 15 minutes). Stir in cooked chicken and parsley. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve in bowls or mugs.
- Add in 1/4 cup small peas with chicken and parsley.
- Stir in 1/2 cup uncooked rice with vegetables.
Keywords: homemade gluten-free chicken soup