Pumpkin and chocolate are a delicious combination! These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are sure to become a gluten-free favorite!
The original recipe called for milk chocolate chips. However, I have never been a fan of milk chocolate. It was not until my husband introduced me to dark chocolate that I liked chocolate at all. Now I am hooked! I eat dark chocolate almost every day, and sometimes twice a day!
The dark chocolate compliments the pumpkin. You won’t believe these moist, cake-like are gluten-free! Be sure to serve with a tall glass of cold milk.Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dark chocolate and pumpkin are delicious together in these moist, cake-like cookies. You won’t believe they are gluten-free!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup cane sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup canned gluten-free pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
2 cups 60% Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy in a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Sift together the almond blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, ginger, nutmeg, and xanthan gum. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into wet mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool cookies for five minutes before moving them to finish cooling on wire racks.
Substitute the 60% chocolate chips with semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
These cookies are incredibly moist. To prevent them from sticking together, stack them between pieces of parchment paper or place them on a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are wonderful in the fall. They make a great gluten-free snack in the kid’s school lunches!
You might also enjoy these gluten-free cookie recipes: