Made with only three ingredients, this delicious strawberry jam is wonderful over gluten-free toast, biscuits and french toast. It’s amazing stirred into plain yogurt and as an ice cream topping.
- 4 pounds of strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into quarters
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups organic cane sugar
- juice of 2 lemons (medium size)
- In a large stock pot, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mash berries. Carefully pour hot mixture into clean mason jars. Add lids and bands.
- Allow to cool before storing in refrigerator or freezer.
- Once jam has cooled in jars, tighten the lids.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 30 days.
Keywords: strawberry freezer jam